
I can't believe that my baby is going to be TWO on Monday! Ok, it's been no secret that we haven't had problems with getting pregnant. But let me take you back... way back.. ok not too far back... just 3 years ago. When I was pregnant with our fifth child, it was one of my hardest pregnancies. I was hospitalized for a week, almost went into early labor.. and was told I had to get my galbladder removed! OH... did my body hurt! So we decided to have my "tubes tied". Luckily for me it wasn't too bad of an ordeal. I can remember going home with baby Devon not having any problems until about a month or two later... I
[B R O K E] down (I'm not sure if I was postpartum or if it was the pain killers) but I remember sobbing like a baby knowing that I could not have anymore children. I realized that my Heavenly Father had blessed me with 5 beautiful, healthy children.. and was able to get through that.
About nine months later.. I got really sick. sick as a dog! The thought kept running through my head.. "I only get sick when I'm... NO! I can't be.. there's NO way!" After a visit with my doctor.. he confirmed it.. I was pregnant.. AGAIN! It took some getting used to since I had already gotten used to the idea of no more babies. Although it was a hard pregnancy.. I wouldn't have it any other way! Our "Miracle" baby Dawson is such a happy, smart, sometimes naughty, but most of the time nice, daring little boy. I've enjoyed watching him grow, just like the rest of his brothers and sisters, and develope his own personality and traits. He seems to be growing up MUCH too fast. So independant, and can sometimes be a little bossy. But I think it comes with being the youngest. So as the day gets closer and closer.. I reflect on the past two years, and I am eternally grateful to have him in our lives.. I am grateful for all my children and the blessing they are in my life... they are truely a gift of Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment