Thursday, March 11, 2010

You are my sunshine....

My only sunshine..
You make me happy..
When skies are gray..
You'll never know dear..
How much I love YOU..
So please don't take..
My sunshine away..

To my Nonu6.

Today was parent teacher conference, and with 4 kids in school, homework help can be a hassle. So I was a bit nervous, as if I was the student lol. But I feel if my child is doing poorly, that it reflects me as a mother, and my ability to give them each individual attention. So we started the evening out with Jonah.

Jonah did really well in Reading, he is one of the best readers in his class. He is excelling in all subjects, his only vice, drawing. We run out of paper because this kid is always drawing. I was so proud of him and just happy that he is adjusting well.

Next we had Taneyah. Taneyah got a recognition for being the best reader in her class. She's in 1st grade, reading and comprehending at a 3rd grade level. Her teachers said she is just so bright and is such a joy to have in her class. She had NO complaints and Taneyah was all smiles.

From there, we moved to Rosileni. She is in 2nd grade and is top of the class in reading, spelling and math! The funny thing is that just as I was about to ask about her behavior in class, her teacher and I both said "she's a chatterbug" at the same time :) she promised she would work on that.

Lastly, my greatest helper, Marques. He got all A's and is also in the top of his class in reading! He has also become a little more outgoing. We love his teacher and her ability to teach kids the importance of being a well rounded student. He is doing really well in science and has conquered his fear of speaking in public... Sort of lol. But MOST important to me was their work and social skills grade. I am so proud of them for being respectful to their teachers and classmates, following rules and just being themselves. We love you Nonu4.

xoxo mon & dad

1 comment:

Tino Faamausili said...

Awwww!! YAY!!! :) I remember seeing your FB post.. but this is AWESOME! I know it's a bit late, but Uncle Kala wants to bring something for his intelligent, beautiful and bright nieces and nephews.. Mom and Dad have any ideas? LOL ;) I swear... where have I been lately?