It has finally started to feel like summer in Utah. We've been enjoying the hot days and cool nights, and now, I have sick children. The bad thing about having six kids is, when one gets sick, they all get sick. Luckily this time around it is just the younger four that have caught this bug that's going around. Today is the eighth day of quarantine. Separating them into separate rooms to avoid the continual cycling of the bug. This morning, my body gave in. It could no longer handle the rigorous schedule that I had subjected it to. Let alone the headache that I have been drowning out with Tylenol. So I slept, almost in a comatose like state. I missed the scheduled 6am medicine round. I did not get up to make breakfast. I was sound asleep. Giving in to my exhaustion. It was about 10am when I was awakened by the sound of my youngest crying. What the heck! My poor kids! They haven't eaten. How long have they been up?! Did any of them have fevers?! I was in a panic. To my surprise, there were no fevers, and they had already eaten breakfast. Marques and Jonah, had taken the initiative to help mommy out. They gave them each a bowl of cereal and an orange. Didn't spill. Cleaned up after themselves. And made sure they had their juice and a bottle of water. My two oldest are always helping me out. I'm so thankful for them being such loving boys that they took charge and helped out without being asked. I am truly blessed with such a wonderful bunch of kids. Yes, we have our naughty, you're grounded, stop doing that, why did you do that, drive me up the wall moments. But who doesn't. They are learning and developing their own personalities. They continually teach me new things, about myself and about life. I'm so proud of the qualities they are developing and the young men and women(yikes!!) they are becoming.
My sick babies are napping. Although we had a slow start today, its turning out to be a great day. Now if I can just get one of my sisters to bring me some fry bread and malasadas from Flag day.
2 comments:
Hope the kiddies are starting to feel better and you didn't catch anything!!!
Hey Leah! I'm hoping I didn't get strep from my baby boy. Thanks for the well wishes!
Post a Comment