Sunday, July 18, 2010
Samoan Flag day
Friday my mom called and asked if the kids and I wanted to go to the Samoan Flag day. I was hesitant. I don't particularly like going to busy places with my six by myself. But she reassured me that we'd be fine. It turned out to be a great night even with the hundreds of people there and the 98 degree weather.
I loved all the craft booths and not to mention the food. Our friends were running the Rep It Right/Bula booth this year. My kids wanted to stay at their booth all night. They had a game trailer that made their booth the place to be. AJ's Fry Bread. Rose Park drill team, I love these guys! Ran into good friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. I lost Rosileni ONLY twice. Well, more like she lost me because she can navigate through a crowd like Columbus, and not get lost. The kids got to see their friends. Mom and dad baby sat for part of the night and I got caught up with my girlfriends. We headed back to mom and dads to do hair and help my sister prep for her baby's first birthday.
I guess it gets a little easier to go places as the kids get older. Then my cousin Bill reminded me that in a couple of years it will be my kids dragging me to Flag day so they can go socialize. I am so not looking forward to that! I don't know how I'll react. Will I be the kick back mom? Or will I be THAT mom. You know the kind? LHH. I think I'll cross that bridge when we get there because thinking about it makes me want to lock my kids in their rooms hahaha. Totally kidding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment