Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Training

Back in my track and field days hahaha.


Exercise is such an up hill battle. The battle being, staying consistent. I used to run in the mornings like clock work. Then I got sick and that had to stop. After that it was hitting the gym and doing Zumba, weights and tread. I could run an easy 5k but in the elements, NOW? Not so easily.
Anyhow, work schedules and school brought that to an end. Then it was walking the kids to and from school since we live within walking distance. School got out and that ended. Summer. Don't ask. Its been so sporadic, that it defines it. Lately with the boys running every night I've once again decided to get back in the ring and battle it out with exercise.
I really want to get back to my regular runs. So what better way than to have a short term goal to work towards? So I am officially in training to run my first 5k. My dad always said that a goal isn't a goal until you write it down. So what better way to set a goal than to write it down on the world wide web?
The goal date? November 6th. There aren't too many 5K runs in October so I'm shooting for November. 2-3 months of training is ideal. There are a couple of 5K's on that date and I'll update when I've decided. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Tino Faamausili said...

Good luck! You are going to do it!!! :)

LEVATAU'S said...

WOO HOOO!! Count me ummm...lol hopefully IN!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

NONU6 said...

Thanks sis! I'm trying to recruit some running buddies... too bad you live in LA :)

NONU6 said...

OMG sis!! Do it!!! I was going to text you, Polytiks, and Ang to see if you wanted to join. Sandy city has a Turkey Trot 5K on that day. Maybe dad and mom might want to join since that's dad's city lol! We can do it!

NONU6 said...

Correction *that's dads city* =)

LEVATAU'S said...

Yeah I NEED to do it!! I think that sounds way fun!!! OK me and the MR. are in, no need to ask him..lol j/k and yeah I commented to Dwayne to make my family some logos for some shirts for Taleni's football season..hehe :D When are the boys' practices?

NONU6 said...

I wish D would run with me, but that is a definite no. So he can babysit lol. Yeah, shirts would be cute! My boys practice everyday at 6 in Taylorsville. I'm excited to get some team members! YaY!