Seeing my dad share moments like these with my kids, irreplaceable.On most summer nights when we visit my mom and dad, this is one the moments that I cherish so much. My dad jammin' on the guitar singing anything from old Samoan songs(my favorite) to country, oldies rock, and the most popular, Elvis. It brings me to my childhood instantly, so I guess its a cure for midlife crisis lol. I can remember sitting around singing with mom and dad. Practicing Polynesian dance routines. Band practice. hahaha. And now seeing my children gather round when he pulls out the guitar, just to sit and listen. They are all drawn to it like we were as kids. Now Rosileni is wanting to learn Samoan songs so she can sing with her papa. Oh how that tugs at my heart strings.

My dad is my lighthouse. He is that sturdy beacon of light that is there with a watchful eye, leading and guiding through the rough seas of life. He has always been the definition of stability in my life. Like that lighthouse, steadfast and constant. No matter where I go in life and what I am doing, when I look for home, that beacon of light leads me straight there. When I am lost, he is that center that helps me find my way.
My dad is so many things to me. He was my first teacher. He taught me the love of music. Love of culture. Love of the gospel. Love(him)/Hate(me) of Education, ok, hate is such a strong word lol. English class on Saturdays where one of my pet peeves was born, the word A-S-K(pet peeve A-K-S).
He taught me how to throw a football, reference tomboy days lol. But most important, he taught me the love of family. Through out my life he showed that our family, was the center of his very being.
There is a quote by Albert Ellis that defines him to a T: "The art of love... is largely the art of persistence."
Even in my old age (lol) he is always guiding, warning, helping, persistently. With love.
Thank you dad, and I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment