Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day Out With Dawson





Ever since I started working again, my youngest has had to adjust to our schedule. He is such a home body. Whenever we are out and about running errands or just out, he is always complaining, asking, "Can we go home!"
So with our schedules and preschool not working out for him, he's been going to his uncle and aunts house while we are at work. He loves being there, he gets to play with his cousins and watch TV.... BUT.... he's a homebody. He asked me the other day why I have to work. And asked me if I miss him *tears* that conversation didn't go over very well. He kept asking, "but why?" and I just felt more and more guilty. Part of the guilt comes from the fact that I absolutely L-O-V-E my job and so the *I NEED to work* part is a partial truth.
Anyhow, I've been feeling under the weather... I don't know what it is. Yesterday towards the end of my shift I started getting dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. I had an hour left but I was determined to make it to the end of my shift and try to get my work done. Can you imagine if I passed out.. and what a scare I'd probably give my co-workers.. not good.
I got home and felt even worse!! The only other time I have ever felt like this was on Labor Day. Our ward had a picnic and they served Samoan style corned beef. I usually don't eat that stuff, but the cabbage, yes. Anyhow, I ate the corned beef that day and I felt the same way I did yesterday and today. I didn't eat corned beef yesterday but I did have kalua pork for lunch REALLY salty! Which leads to my next question...... can women have GOUT? LMBO!! I asked D and he busted up laughing at me. WHAT?!! I think its a valid question! Anyhow, I was so sick last night and all morning. I couldn't move. Its the worst I've felt in a long time. I couldn't get up, the older kids got themselves ready for school and headed out the door. Dawson walked into my room and said he was hungry. A couple of hours later, I finally managed to pull myself out of bed and feed him. SAD. I took some pain medicine and slowly started to feel like myself again. Thankfully D got off of work early and came to help Dawson babysit mom lol. Anyhoo... now to the reason for this post, we decided to take him out. We headed over to Gardner Village to see the witches and see the animals. If you haven't been to Gardner Village during October, you are missing out! He had a great time doing the Witch Scavenger Hunt, the petting zoo. OMG, they had a GINORMOUS pig there. I was deathly afraid of it! lol! And unfortunately the Ride To A Witch was closed. After that he wanted ice cream so we headed over to Leatherby's. I enjoyed today, but I know in order to enjoy MORE days like these I need to get healthy.... and get to work!

No comments: