
Secret Service Transmitters
The invites, the bar code had each girls name on it. And we had candy weighing down the bags and in each bag was the invitation with a note that said, "This message will self destruct". I know, too much 007 lol.
Anyhow, the girls were instructed to meet at our "base" at 1900 hour. When we got there we split into 2 group and did a "Service Scavenger Mission". We had the girls clean the chapel doors, clean and sanitize the toys in the nursery, stuff child life dolls, and sew receiving blankets that we are donating to Primary Childrens Hospital. It was the girls first time sewing and they were all so excited for their turn. We have some pro's in our group! The idea was to get them to do service and make it fun.
After we got done with the missions, we all gathered back together


The girls got camo bandannas and a dog tagWith that dog tag they had to take an oath to always make it their mission to serve. That when they see an opportunity to serve, that they do it.
We have decided to make at least 4-6 dolls every activity we have. The girls that come early can sit and stuff them and then I'll stitch them closed. We are hoping to have a box full of Child Life Dolls, receiving blankets and maybe some toys to donate to Primary Childrens by the end of the year. It is such a learning experience for me to serve these girls. Their sweet spirits and testimonies help mine to grow. I was in tears at the end of our activity and unfortunately, they'll have to get used to it, I'm a crybaby! lol.
The theme of our activity was "The Sweetness of Service, is serving" and so we ended our night with a dessert bar and smart cookies... mmmm yummy goodness.
Although we did not get to have all 16 girls attend, I'm hoping that we will slowly get those girls to come out. We will have 1 girl leave us in January. Next year we will have 7 girls joining us. A total of 22 girls... I can't wait! :O)
1 comment:
How fun. I love those activities. Fun and yet having the spirit teach and inspire us. Good job Verlynn!!!
Post a Comment