Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Nonu 2010 brought to you by.....

This guy!

As the year comes to a close, I can sit and reflect on the struggles and trials that we have been able to overcome. At the time, those struggles felt like the end of the world. I was always ready to throw in the towel, and just give up. I am amazed at the way D is able to handle these types of situations. He never "looks" stressed, although I know he is. He does not make it so apparent. He gets it done, in his own way. Then there's me. The worry wart, wear my heart on my sleeve. The one the yells the sky is falling when it's just a drop of rain.

When his dad passed. I remember waiting til the kids were dropped off at my parents and we were headed to the hospital, before telling him. He broke down. We got to the hospital, and he held it together. Preparing for the funeral, the funeral, he held it together. I was always troubled by his reaction. I couldn't understand how he could react in such a way. I know if I was in his shoes, I'd be a MESS! I guess it took time and maturity for me to fully understand, that is how he copes. How he deals with stress. He's the oldest and tried to keep his composure for his siblings. He's the strong silent type. And so it is the way he carries himself that has brought us through 2010. His undying love for a stubborn woman. And his determination to support his family. He is what holds this family together. Looking forward to 2011 and the goals we have as a family.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments: