Friday, January 28, 2011

The Burnt Fish Chapter

After burning dinner tonight, there was no other choice but to eat it. The mister looked at it weird, didn't say a word, just ate *hehe* I'm sure just the fact that the fish was burned was clue enough that I was moody. Its amazing just how thought provoking eating a burned lemon pepper flounder can be. This year with D going back to school full time, looking for a night job to accommodate his schedule and me working full time days when my youngest starts school, we are going to have to do some MAJOR budgeting. We are the WORST at budgeting! And we need to get out of debt. We've done it a couple of times, only to find ourselves right back in it. You think we should have learned our lesson the first time right?
This past year adjusting to him no longer making the money he used to was... HARD. But it showed we were able to do it. We survived.... somewhat. And have learned a lot in the process.
I am scared and at the same time excited for him to return to school and get this degree over with. I know it will be hard, we've been down this road before. Me taking care of home, and only getting to see him when he's asleep and on the weekends. Actually, before he was out of town for work on the weekends so I was basically a single mother. We are praying he'll find a job that will allow him to at least spend SOME time with us and do school. Is that asking too much? Haha. I know sometimes I'm a whiner and have to have him around, but we know that it will be well worth it in the end.
Funny thing is, we always seem to take the long way to get things done. When he first applied for school we applied at SLCC with hopes of being accepted to the UofU School of Architecture. So he started and a couple of semesters later we decided we need to try BYU Idaho and take advantage of family housing. Well, in the process of applying, we found out that he could have just gone straight to the U! Who knew this guy graduated 3rd in his class with a 3.8 gpa?!! Ugh! So now its a bit too late to transfer because not all of his credits will transfer to the U. So SLCC it is.
Anyhow, I hope that I'll be able to make it through the year without driving him crazy with my incessant worrying *teehee*. I need to follow the example of my sister and be supportive while he's in school. So many goals, but I'm glad that we are headed in the right direction. A quote that my aforementioned sister posted, is exactly the words of advice that I needed.
"Its FAITH that doesn't let you feel defeated when some steps in life have to be repeated"
If I wasn't so stubborn he would have been done by now. But because I was, we are on repeat mode. I am hoping I'll master the budgeting, scheduling, cleaning, mothering, and cooking so we won't have to eat burnt fish ever again! Yuk! I'm headed to Beto's!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

2 comments:

Tilly Afuvai said...

Love this post. Lance going back to school is something I think of a lot but then the budgeting, and not being able to see him much always comes to mind. It's hard but like you said It'll all be worth it in the end:):)
Thanks for your inspiration!

NONU6 said...

Thanks Tilly! I figured I might as well write it down so I can remind myself when I start complaining haha.