Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blue & Gold

Today our cub scout troop had their Blue & Gold banquet and so rushing to get out the door with Jonah's carnival game was a bit stressful. Luckily we got there in time. However, I forgot my camera, along with my boys handkerchiefs and I hate when I do that.
Anyhow, the banquet was really nice. It was well organized and the leaders and scouts did such a great job. I really love the cub scout leaders in our ward. They give so much of their time to help the boys and my boys really enjoy going. They had a carnival theme and each boy was to construct a carnival game and it would help them to earn their craftsmanship badge. Really wish I had taken pictures.
When Jonah's Den leader called him up to present him with his badges she relayed a story about working on their Manners badge. And that when it was time to greet people or the ladies that Jonah was spot on. And she said he was the perfect gentlemen lol! I saw his eyes light up and he had the biggest smile on his face. That is SO Jonah. He is my big boy, but he is the sensitive and sentimental type.
Jonah received his Webelos badge and his Religious knot. He also received his fitness, citizens and geologist badges and is currently working on his Arrow of Light. Marques is currently in Scouts and is working on his Tenderfoot. Devon is a Tiger cub scout, unofficially. He will be official in September when he enters the 1st grade. We just couldn't convince him to wait so he's been tagging along with his older brother.
Life is moving at the speed of light and I just can't seem to keep up. This week my sweet girl Taneyah will be turning 8. Getting things prep'd for her birthday and for her baptism is fun and stress all at the same time. But I'm grateful for these milestones and for the kick in the behind that it gives me. Life is beautiful.

No comments: