In preparing for tomorrow to go as smoothly as possible I have Conference Packets printed up, markers, breakfast, lunch and snacks ready. As the kids get older we turn our focus to the younger two and trying to keep them "entertained". Two of my favorite sites to visit for packets and activities is Scriptures4Kids and Sugardoodle. I know they will probably get bored, but some of my fondest memories of growing up was during conference Sunday.
Mom's cooking and my dad's famous sua fa'i and supo esi, a Samoan breakfast made from ripe bananas and the other from fresh papaya, with warm french bread. Although as a teenager, it was like pulling teeth, I'm still glad that my parents still gathered us together to watch conference, host families, and just spend time as a family. Now as a mother I cherish those memories and I'm sure right now, my kids look forward to it, but as they get older they will feel the same way I did as a teenager. But an opportunity to spend time listening to our church leaders and to be spiritually uplifted while spending time as a family is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment