Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Make a Wish

Today was such a great day. We started off with a visit to the zoo and as soon as the kids got home from school it was a rush on homework and chores before we headed out to Lauren's Make a Wish Day. It was such a great feeling to walk into a room filled with love. Seeing my dear friends, and all the people that were there to support Lauren and her family. They have been through so much, especially Lauren.
At the end of the evening Lauren got to raise her star while they played "When You Wish Upon A Star" and of course I got emotional, dang crybaby genes :P
I am just amazed at her strength, and all that she has endured and continues to endure at such a young age. I've known this little girl since she was practically a baby.
Anyhow, this experience has really hit home with me. There are days that I hate the alarm clock, and just want to hide under the covers, what a waste of a day. How I take my life, my days, hours, mins for granted. This past week has been a difficult one for me. I feel as if I have been consumed with anger and regardless of the reasons behind it, I am ready to let that anger go. I am at a place where I am ready to not ALLOW myself to be consumed by it, but rather to live my life to the fullest and allow myself to be happy. I mean, what is a life if it is wasted on trivial things and not spent with the ones you love?
Thank you Falatea family for being a part of my life. Thank you for inspiring me to be better, do more, and love more.

Hope Sila doesn't karate chop me for posting this, but that's Lauren on Sila's lap, Jonah on my lap and Marques being crazy behind me and I was expecting Rosileni, I know, hecka kids right, that's a whole other blog lol.

1 comment:

pwincessdi said...

what a sweet post. I love friends, especially good ones! You sound like a really good friend to Sila. I'm so glad Lauren got to do "Make a Wish" how sweet :)