Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day weekend!



Saturday I woke up to cards from the kids, roses & chocolate from D. I was being so moody Friday, I don't what it is, maybe the weather? lol! Anyhow, with D working, I got to spend the day with my mom. We started out with  a cut and color, for her, then went to lunch at Cafe Rio with the sisters. Next off were mani's, pedi's and ordered Orchid lei's for mom and grandma. We ended the night like usual, just conversating and laughing. I cherish the moments that I have with my mom and sisters.
Sunday, since we were out late I slept in, didn't even attempt to make church that day. It's Mother's Day and I'd rather attend my mom's ward than go to my own. Anyhow, since D had to work Saturday he decided we were going out today. So it was off to breakfast at Belgian Waffle & Omelet Inn. Love their breakfast and of course their waffles!



and my buffet! It is such a beautiful piece of furniture. and I can't wait to dress it up!

This Mother's Day has come and gone and I am ever so grateful for the women in my life. I'm thankful for such a wonderful, supportive mother. I am also blessed to have my sisters. 3 of them are mother's and they are such great examples to me. Each one of them have a strength that I admire. The other 2 are not mother's yet.. however, they have mothered my children through the years. They are terrific aunts and have done so much to help me as my little/big family has grown. I am also thankful for a loving husband who lets me have my way, and loves me regardless of my shortcomings. Most of all I am grateful for the reason I can be called a Mother, my children. They bless my life daily and teach me more about myself. Without them, I would not be complete.

1 comment:

pwincessdi said...

sounds oh so nice :) I'll have to try that waffle place! Such a cute post.