God sent an angel to the earth...
The sweetest angel too
and for such a little thing,
she had so much to do.
She knew she did not have
much time upon this earth to stay,
so she did not waste a second;
she got started right away.
Her eyes were bright and sparkly,
she took in every turn.
She did not miss a single thing,
because Lauren came to learn.
God sent her here to touch the
hearts of those He could not reach...
She taught them courage, strength and faith,
because Lauren came to teach.
Her little body
was so full of God above,
you felt it when she gave you hugs,
because Lauren came to love.
In twelve short years she managed
what many never will.
When she went home to Jesus,
her purpose was fulfilled.
She learned and taught, loved and played,
she learned her lessons well.
I know He was so proud of her
when she went home to dwell.
But when I miss her OH-SO-MUCH,
I can almost hear Him say,
please understand, her work was done...
Lauren did not come to stay.
It was hard for me to tell my kids their dear friend had gone back to our Heavenly Father. They had so many questions, tears, and fears. But they were comforted by the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. We sat and shared memories of her. I remembered every time she saw me, I was always greeted by her beautiful smile, a gentle hug and her soft voice, "Hi Auntie Verlynn". Although we are not blood related, she has definitely become a part of our family and has a permanent place in our hearts. We love you Ren! As we Samoans say.... Ia manuia lou malaga.

1 comment:
Verlynn that is a beautiful poem, u had me in tears. That was beautiful. I cried too when I heard the news. I didn't cry for Lauren, I cried for her parents and siblings. Because I know she is happy and not in pain anymore...but her family is mourning the loss of her mortality. I can't even imagine losing one of my own, and I think that is why it's so hard for every mother to hear and feel the hurt and pain their family is going thru. I'll see ya at the funeral :) Much love to u and urs.
Post a Comment