Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daddy's Little Girl

As Father's Day rolls around, I am grateful that I get to enjoy it celebrating a man that in my eyes is the epitome of fatherhood. I am thankful for his sacrifice and undying love for his family.
My Daddy
When I was younger, I always remember him being around. I remember there were days he would help get us ready for school, we dreaded those days because he would put a ponytail in my hair at the base of my neck, hair covering the ears, and then pull it to tighten. So the extra time he spent on combing it smooth, was a waste because now there were  bumps lol! I also remember going to spend time at PCC while he worked. I remember the day he graduated and just how proud I was of him, a double major, working full time with a family of 5 girls, that he did NOT neglect. As a child you don't realize the sacrifice it takes to accomplish that. But through out my life, he has been that driving motivation to be..... better. Better than myself.
Ang, Dad w/ G and me!
Growing up, when it was just us girls, I was the tomboy so... automatically I was daddy's little "son" haha. Hey, I got a mean throwing arm because of it and probably out ran most of the boys in my neighborhood, and not to mention I bullied the boys in our neighborhood lol! But I am grateful for that bond that I share with my dad. I love his humor, when he plays his guitar and sings. I love that he is an example of hardwork, diligence, faith and unconditional love. I am thankful that my kids get to have him in their lives, what a blessing. Thank you dad for teaching me, praying for me, loving me unconditionally, and for doing the same for my children. We love you always! Manuia le aso tama!

No comments: