Friday, June 17, 2011

Time....

Life doesn't seem to be slowing down, no matter how hard I try to will it. In one week my youngest child will be five. I can hardly believe that. It seems that he went from 1 to 5 in lightening speed.


Life has been a journey, one that has been filled with it's fair share of love, laughter, sorrow and regret. So far it has blessed me far beyond what I ever dreamed. It has blessed me far more than I deserve.
As of late, while watching my children play, I want to push the slow motion button and just watch them.... laughing, jumping, being kids. Then there are the times when I'm stressed, self involved and things just aren't going right, and I am fiercely pushing on that fast forward button, who am I kidding, I want to push the skip button. All in all, I'm hoping that my kids don't feel that way too.
There are days that I rush everything, it's go, go, go. Get things done. Then there are the days I hide under the covers and I feel like shrugging my responsibilities. It's those days they give me that extra push.
I remember the single days when I saw a mother and her child, or looked at my mom, I always told myself that I would never let a child be my whole world. Now as a mother, I see how silly and naive I was. How could they not be?
Old skool Nonu6

Feeling sentimental because it seems that Time is a respecter of no man, or woman for that matter lol. I saw a quote that the fabulous KimoraSimmons tweeted that I immediately added to my book of quotes.

"Everyone wants happiness, and no one wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain!"

 xoxo

No comments: