Monday, May 26, 2008

Family... isn't it about TIME.




Ok, so I've been hearing this a lot from my 6 year old, "this is the BEST day of my life".
Rosileni is probably one of the most talkative 6 year olds you'll come across! :) After taking her and the "5 maniacs" as she lovingly calls her siblings to Disneyland, she jumped in front of the camera and proclaimes, "this is the BEST day of my life!" Oh, how that warmed my heart. Even amoungst all the kaos of the day, I had to agree that it was one of the best.. probably not THE best.. but in the top ummm 20. :)
Anyhow, with my husband being gone on the weekends, our Friday nights at the drive in have been post poned until further notice. So we decided to hit it up on a Monday night and make it our family outing.. as we sat there watching the Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, and then the high energy, College Road Trip. It was pretty empty, there were 6 other cars besides us, so the kids could roam a little. The sky was clear, so clear you could almost reach up and touch the stars. With my husband by my side and the kids sprawled out on the blankets and lawn chairs... I heard Rosileni whisper to her sister.... "this is the BEST day of my life!"
It was like I had an "Aha" moment, I realized that it didn't matter what we did with our children, as long as we were spending time together as family that made the BEST days ever for them. It could be a day a the park, a day riding bikes, or something as simple as counting the stars. I love you Rosileni!

1 comment:

Kiki Fangupo said...

Hey Verlynn! Don't know how I found you, but I did! ha
Happiest day of my life- how freak'n cute is that?!!