Monday, May 26, 2008

Irreplaceable love

Tomorrow is Memorial Day and as I get things together for the annual family BBQ, I can't help but think of my Grandfather. It's been 3 years since he left us, and still I miss him everyday. Some of my fondest memories were of him riding his bike to the local grocery store, and before he left he would ask my sisters and I what kind of candy we wanted him to bring back. And til the day he died he would always point out Scottie Pippen as the man that stole his bike! Ha ha ha!

He was such a loving man, even in my rebellious teenage years, I always knew that regardless of what stupid mistakes I made, he loved me unconditionally. Even during some of the hardest times in my life, I found comfort in his council. I have never met someone that had so much love in his eyes.. it's those eyes, those endearing eyes filled with love that I hope to see again in the next life.



I'm grateful that my children were blessed to have him in their lives. Whenever we go to his gravesite, I love hearing their conversations with him. They didn't have him for that long but he sure did leave an impression on their little hearts. Grandpa, I LOVE YOU!

No comments: