Friday, August 29, 2008

Grasshoppers, plastic bottles & backpacks...

Ok, a little background.. growing up I was the biggest tom boy. Ever. I used to collect rocks, baby frogs, undefeated in marbles, and surf the flooded areas of TVA in Hawaii. Yes... Those were the days. So having boys should be a breeze right? Well that would be true if I hadn't morphed into all things girl my Junior year in high school.
Anyhow, everyday right after school is "Homework Block" for my kids. I grabbed Marques's back pack and reached in to grab his homework folder.. and I felt something on my hand(thought nothing of it) maybe it was just something in his pack... With homework folder in hand, I pulled it out to see a BIG, GREEN, UGLY, grasshopper. I about DIED! To my feet I jumped, screaming at the top of my lungs! Marques runs over and says "aww man, how'd he get out of the bottle?!!".
Pulls a plastic bottle(filled with grass and leaves) out of the back pack and puts the thing back in. Looks at me and smiles. *Now I think I know how my mom felt when I showed her what I had wrapped up in my shirt. Baby Frogs. Itty bitty jumpy baby frogs*

4 comments:

Kiki Fangupo said...

ha!ha! gotta love those boys =)

Halli said...

Verlynn, too funny. What a great story to write about. I guess the poem is true.. "Snakes, and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of."

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! Loved it! I still find it hard to believe you once had frogs wrapped in your t-shirt being as you are the craft master. I challenge you to a game of marbles. lol.

OMI said...

I collected those little baby frogs too...kind of makes me dizzy thinking about now. Hold on while I get my marbles together! I love the Jonas Brothers..I sometimes wonder what's wrong with me, and I figure it's just too much Disney. How come I'm so stinkin' excited about High School Musical III....don't tell. I'm keeping that one to myself.