is 9!! My rowdy lil shy guy celebrated another year yesterday. He's not your average kid.. He doesn't really fit the mold. He doesn't really like sports, he doesn't mind being called a nerd(to him it's a compliment), he LOVES to read and enjoys watching the extras of his favorite movies to find out how they made it. He is such a joy and is a big help. Today, we attended his first ever pack meeting. He received his Bobcat badge, astronmy and archery belt loops and a couple of other badges. They also presented their mothers with pins for helping their scout and I got a volunteer pin for going with them to scout camp. It was so surreal, this boy that used to be my baby is becoming a young man *tears* where did the time go?
I am so proud of my little(not so little cuz he's almost as tall as me lol) guy. And I am looking forward to seeing him grow and develope into a young man who loves the Lord and knows who he is.
Happy birthday son.
Xoxo mom & dad
8 comments:
Such a sweet post! I can't believe he is 9! Probably because you and Dwayne don't look old enough to have kids older than 5. I wish I looked that young. Feel free to pass on your tips...:)
Happy Birthday Marques!!
Verlynn, what a great kid! I knew he was. This was so sweet. Gosh our kids are getting old(er).
Halli's right, you guys don't look old enough to have kids that age. You hot mama you! Abe went into a store with Constance and the cashier told him to come back soon with his little sister. Gosh, I never get that! lol....
Halli! Tips? What tips.. lol. If we look young you and Sila are babies! Lol! But thanks for the self esteem boost! LolZ the cashier. Sila, I'm sure you get that ALL the time!
Verlynn how cool! Ti just got called not too long ago to serve with the scouts and as I was reading I kept thinking about all Ti Tonga's scout stories about his boys in the ward. I can't wait for my kids to be in scouts. Happy birthday Marques!
Sila, you should totally blog about the cashier story. I'm sure you have tons of stories you could add and throw in there. C'mon fellow blogger! :)
Kiki! How fun for your husband! The scouting program is such a great way for boys to learn about new things and develope their character. But bless his heart! Anyone that can handle a pack of rowdy, high energy boys can handle anything!
And Sila, I agree with Halli, you should totally blog that story!
Post a Comment