Thursday, October 9, 2008

the [party] box

Two years ago, my little sister(who was an unwilling participant) and I hit up the Partyland sidewalk sale in good ol' Lehi. I came home with 4 heaping (and I mean stuffed to the max, bag ready to tear type of heaping) bags of party goods. They were $5 a bag, of whatever you could stuff in there! So I got anything from treat bags to candles, banners, table cloths, plastic serving spoons and forks, balloons, party favors, confetti, cups, napkins, shoot, anything and everything party related under the sun! Lol. I always heard complaints from Dwayne about my box full of party goodness, but as of late, there have been NO complaints. Especially with 3 birthdays within a couple weeks of each other. All requiring treats for school and a mandatory basket. Yes, my kids will not have their treats put in a plastic bag, nope they're just not havin' it! So to make their day special, I ALWAYS have treat bags and baskets in stock. Motherhood aka the jack of ALL trades.

3 comments:

Halli said...

How cute, Verlynn. I love this post. Sounds like you're always prepared... I think you have to be with 6 kids or when would you have time to figure things out...NEVER! Loved it.

Kiki Fangupo said...

Geeze sounds like you hit the jackpot with that sale! I wish my kids had birthdays during the school year so that we could take treats for the class. Unfortunately I have all summer babies. I think Nic will be the only one that will share that privilege of taking birthday treats for his class.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I think you need to send out an alert when sales like this are going on. You always hit the jackpot!!!! SHEESH!