Tuesday, September 8, 2009

{edit} Labor Day Weekend :)


We started the weekend off with a visit to the Antelope Island Balloon and Kite Stampede. I thought it would be a neat activity for the kids to get out of their everyday surrounding.. but still be here in Utah! That is one of the reasons I love living in Utah! It has so much to offer! I love the beautiful mountains, deserts and all the different landscapes.
As we were on the causeway driving into Antelope Island, there were so many birds, and it was just beautiful! It brought back so many memories of when I was a child and my parents used to take us to the Palo Alto Baylands Nature Preserve. We used to look up different types of birds and try to identify them during our next visit.
We got there and the first thing we did was fly kites. It was perfect for kite flying.


They also had some hot air balloons! We didn't stay long enough to see them launch. We also enjoyed an awesome band that played some country classics and Creedence Clearwater Rivial. I was instantly back in my childhood! I love how music can bring back happy memories. As our evening drew to a close we headed back home for some chocolate log and a movie.
Sunday we went to church and then enjoyed a relaxing evening with the kids. My DH had to work so unfortunately he didn't get to enjoy the evening with us.
Monday, again Dwayne had to work so we just took the kids to the water park and let them have fun. I tried out a new chicken recipe and it was a hit! The kids loved it and so did all the adults :)

Here's the recipe:
I coupon so The Krazy Coupon Lady always posts recipes for the items that were on sale.
1/2 onion
1 1/2 tsp. butter
4 c. chicken, cooked and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
1 c. cheese, shredded
6 large biscuits

Heat oven to 350. Mix everything together except 3/4 c. cheese and biscuits. Put in bottom of a 11x7 (I used 13x9) baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of oven, place biscuits on top of chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 20 more minutes.

4 comments:

pwincessdi said...

Awww sounds like a great "LABOR DAY" (I'm assuming haha) I haven't taken my kids to antelope Island yet...I need to. Thanks for the reminder. And would you share the chicken recipe, I would love to know it, cause I'm a chicken lover! hehe

NONU6 said...

Whew!! Thanks for catching that for me Anna! Boy do I feel like an airhead lol! But I posted the recipe on there also! Thanks a ton!

pwincessdi said...

mmmm thanks the recipe sounds yummy...I'm gonna try that tonight! :) Thanks for the recipe..and no worries on the title hehehe

Kiki Fangupo said...

lol I seen that Memorial Day and was like hmmmm... maybe she's playing catch up lol