
was learning how to do the dance called the "Jerk" for their end of year assembly. For 2 weeks he would practice wherever and whenever he could. I loved seeing him with his book in hand practicing his dance. Or sandwich in hand practicing. If you know him, you know dancing is NOT his thing. But there is one thing you can be sure of, he'll give it his best! I love his enthusiasm when it comes to learning.. anything! Kids are so amazing that way. They seem to wake up every morning and just absorb everything. They are so aware and live in the moment. They are in awe of things we, strike that, I take for granted. Like a rainbow, a birds nest, or trees. Where as I am sometimes grumpy in the morning, stressed for time and forget to enjoy the little things. The day of their dance assembly, they all did so great! They learned the dance in 2 weeks and were just so cute! It's a memory I'll cherish! In September, I'll have a 5th grader! I know he'll do great! I hope that as he gets older that he will still be my little boy that confides in me and we are able to keep communicating. Some things about him.
1. He's a book worm.
2. He loves fruits.
3. He writes down words he hears during the day, if he doesn't know what it means. He'll ask me and sometimes, google will have his answer lol.
4. He loves basketball and skateboarding.
5. He is a great helper.
6. He's a mama's boy!
7. He is 10.
8. He collects rocks, this makes doing laundry a bit tedious.
9. He likes to share fun or silly facts with me.
10. He can be super shy!
I love him so much! I sometimes expect a lot from him, being the oldest. And he doesn't disappoint. He gives it his best, and I am grateful. He was a blessing 10 years ago, and still is 10 years later.
No comments:
Post a Comment