Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blizzy Blizzard

I've been paranoid about this blizzard since I sent my kids to school this morning. After we dropped them off, we had errands to run. We needed to get our truck it shape for our road trip to Arizona. We had on our to do list: Brakes, Tires, and a Tune up.
I was so worried that we drove back to the school and checked the kids out early :)
We got 1 thing on our list done. We'll have to wait on the other two until the weekend. We set for home, we stopped for a few things.
After we had dinner we played board games, Christmas music as background music, hot chocolate, donuts, glow sticks in case the power went out and played more games.

Goofy boys

The power didn't go out, but I adore candles! There is something about the ambiance of candlelight that I love. So we turned the lights out and let the candles do their thing.

Mint Cocoa with a Candy Cane for a Stir Stick, YUM!

We hope everyone is safe in the weather conditions we are having. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Tonight reminds me to be grateful for a roof over my head, a reliable vehicle, and socks.

4 comments:

T*Family said...

Looks like I'm working in the morning...boo. Looks like you all had a good time though. Thats probably the best thing about the storm, the family time we've had today. Love it!

NONU6 said...

I know!The blizzard was such a disappointment haha I wish that had gotten at least a foot of snow lol. We were looking forward to going tubing today. At least we'll be able to travel for Thanksgiving!

Lisa Purcell Magalei said...

When I pass on to the next life and get the chance to come back... I wanna come back as one of your children. You are an awesome mother who makes things fun for your kids. Keep up the good work, Lynn. Love you and your family.

IONGI FAMILY said...

way cute!!! candles and all, we missed the "blizzard" but hearing about from everyone I feel like I didn't miss a thang lol