Growing up, I was always insecure about myself. About my "boyish" figure, my hobbies, and just me in general. Well now I wish I still had that "boyish" figure (tee hee). I have always felt like a fish out of water. I was always surrounded by ATHLETES. You know the ones.
I mean I played sports.... but these girls, they ate, slept and drank sports. I was a tomboy that LOVED frilly, girly, homemaking STUFF. As I matured I realized that it didn't matter, that was who I was, take it or leave it. I am that crazy girl that walks into DI and wants to turn trash into treasure. Even if it means a 2 month upholstery job crammed into 2 weeks.
Anyhow, I love the blogging world, it makes me realize that there are other round pegs like myself, same color, made from the same wood. When I read this poem, I thought "WOW!!" What a great motivator for those that have always felt like the round peg in a square hole.
Here's to the crazy ones
The misfits
The rebels
The troublemakers
The round pegs in the square holes
The ones who see things differently
They're not fond of rules
And they have no respect for the status quo
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy
How else can you stare a an empty canvas and see a work of art
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels
We make tools for these people
While some see them as crazy ones
We see GENIUS
Because people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world,
are the ones who DO.
~Apple
Have a crazy creative weekend! I know I will.
3 comments:
I LOVE THAT! I think you're amazingly talented :)
i can not see u as a tomboy. no doubt though u've got talent on the field too. your good at everything!
Anna, thanks! I think all Polynesian women are born with such amazing talents!
Leah, I was the biggest tomboy lol! Wasn't too great at sports, maybe that's why I ended up doing crafts lol!
Post a Comment