We attended Stake Conference today. I was a bit hesitant about going. I didn't know how well my six would do in 2 hours straight of talks. Between a couple of water breaks and a fruit snack to give them some sugar to stay awake haha they actually did very well.
The talks and messages shared today were a much needed reminder. Some spoke about sacrifices that our ancestors made to be a member of the church. And how using their examples can help us make good choices. And others spoke on the importance of temples. How they connect us as a large extended family. And the importance of the ordinances performed there.
I was so glad we made it to conference. I was taught, humbled, edified, and reminded of things that I can improve as a mother, wife and daughter.
I know I have so much work to do. Things I need to improve and change. That is one of the things the gospel gives me. An opportunity to perfect myself, because I am SO far from being perfect. One of my favorite speakers has always been Pres. Monson. The following quote is from one of his talks, and is one of my favorites.
"Our task is to become our best selves. One of God's greatest gifts to us is the joy of trying again, for no failure ever need be final."
No failure ever need be final. What a great statement of hope! What a great reminder of our Savior's Atonement.
I realize that when I was my kids age, I knew way more about the gospel than they do, and that saddens me. I know that I need to be more diligent in teaching my children the gospel. And that my level of "doing" needs to match the level of what I "know" [thanks dad].
I know that my failures, idiosyncrasies and things I lack as a mother, wife, and person can only be rectified through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am truly grateful for my membership in this great gospel and for the hope it gives me. And I am eternally grateful for my family. I can't say enough that my children are my life. They bring such a sweet spirit and joy.
Happy Sabbath :)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
No comments:
Post a Comment