Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grandpa.....

It's been 6 years since you left us. I think of you a lot. Lately it has been almost daily. You were always the one that resolved things. You were the one who taught with wisdom and love.
Things have been quite hecktic around here lately. I'm sure you are looking down on us and you see the state of things. I wish you were here. I wish I could hear your voice and your laugh. I wish you were here to talk some sense into some people. Most of all, I just wish you were here to play with my kids. So they can have the same memories I had as a child. Sweet memories of a man that through hard times held his family together. Taught his children to love each other and to respect one another. I see it in my mom. No matter what one of her siblings do, she loves them unconditionally.
My favorite memory of you was when I had Jonah. I remember bringing him and telling you that we had named him Tualamasala. You cried and thanked me. You told me of your love for your family. How you haven't seen your brother in years. You spoke often of your father, and your upbringing. I loved hearing those stories. And now, Jonah loves hearing those stories from mom.

I love you always Grandpa. xoxo

No comments: