Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dry your eyes....

This past Sunday we went to visit Sila, right when I got her in my arms, I cried, the ugly cry. Yes, that snorting almost wailing cry. Ugh, if you know me, you know I'm a crybaby. I cry normal people's cry at movies or when I hear a song, but put me in a really emotional situation and it's the "ugly cry".
Last night I could not sleep. I knew too well what was coming in the morning. Today was different. Sure I've been to funerals, but never to a child's funeral. And a child I knew very well. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle it. I did pretty well. I cried for most of the service, verses the entire service. Ok, enough about me and my tear duct issues.
The service was so beautiful. There was so much love and grattitude expressed & there were several moments that touched my heart. One was when we went up to say our final goodbyes to Lauren. I asked each of my kids if they wanted to go say goodbye. My Devon instantly said yes. As we walked up, I saw the look on his face, and the tears started to flow. I don't think that he fully understood that she was gone, until he saw her. As we walked back to our seat, he kept crying. I gave him a little squeeze, dried his tears and assured him that Lauren was ok. That she was in a better place.
I don't think there was a dry eye in that place. Another moment was when all the cousins sang "Somewhere in Brooklyn" at the grave site. Their little voices were almose angelic. Another musical number, was Jr Maile and his group singing my favorite song, "I Won't Let Go" by Rascal Flatts.



It was a day filled with mixed emotions. I was just grateful we were able to witness such a beautiful service and to have known such a sweet angel.

1 comment:

IONGI FAMILY said...

what a great post, great service for a stron lil beautiful angel!! it was great seeing you love ya!!what an adorable family you have!!