Enough.
I posted the talk below because it struck a cord with me. Lately, I have been talking to my husband about finding a part time job. I constantly am telling him and my friends that I am not the "stay at home type"
I've been feeling restless and thinking that my life could mean so much more if I was doing something outside of the home.
Lately one of my kids has been getting in trouble here and there at school. It's not big trouble, but it's trouble none the less. Yesterday my child got into trouble over a friends cell phone. We talked about it and I thought, ok, it's done. Today, the said child, took our oldest son's cell phone to school. I was so upset! After yelling at my child, I just cried. What is going on here? Is my child acting out? With all 5 of them, they never get into trouble and lately this one child of mine is.
Then, I came across this talk. Weird thing is, I remembered this talk from that conference as I read it. It is also an answer to my prayer. That motherhood, is enough. I keep trying to find other things to occupy my time. Or to better myself. But, my time and attention needs to be right where I am, home. You would think that I would have learned this lesson a while ago.
Elder Russell M Ballard discusses 4 great points and each one applies directly to me. One of them is one that I need to focus on, I need to treasure the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.
Like he mentioned, every family is different, but I just feel in my heart, that at this time, my children need me more. Sure I have dreams and aspirations, but for now, this season of my life will be motherhood, and I will live it and love it! It's is MORE than enough.
1 comment:
I love this, and totally agree with u. I use to feel this way about motherhood too. Always trying to find out what more I could do in utilizing my talents, when all along I could've been utilizing them on my children, so that they can become great parents in the future. :) Motherhood is thee hardest job in the world, but thee most rewarding!!
Post a Comment