It has been a long and busy weekend! I'm just getting back home and I can't believe that I still haven't posted these pictures! This past Thursday my little man turned 5! At exactly midnight, he asked, "mom, is it my birthday now?"
He has been counting down since...... the beginning of the year. We love camping, so he decided he wanted to have a camping party with all his boy cousins. There are only 4 girl cousins so we decided to include them too. We kept it real simple and did burgers, chips, hot dogs, a whole bunch of junk food, and made s'mores. We had a scavenger hunt w/ glow in the dark insects & snakes. A fishing pond, had prizes and ended our night with an outdoor movie. I love celebrating my kids birthdays and making a big deal, because to me.... it is just that, a big deal. We get to celebrate....... them, coming into our lives, and a celebration of another stepping stone in their lives. They will never get to celebrate the same birthday twice. We had tons of fun despite the fact that I did the cooking and games by myself :) I paid for it dearly the next day, but it was all worth it to hear him tell me he had,and I quote "an awesome birthday"! Be warned, another overload of pics :)












No comments:
Post a Comment