Growing up, my dad would give each of us a Father's blessing at the beginning of the school year. It is one of my fondest memories of my childhood. Although I cannot remember the words spoken, I can still remember the feeling. Some of those feelings were that of peace, comfort and love.
We have struggled along the years, making mistakes, learning and most of all growing. But this year has been one of growth, and recognizing blessing.
So, this year was the first year my DH gave our children a Father's Blessing. I hope that it is something that will continue and that when they are older, they too will remember feeling peace, comfort and most importantly love.
Being able to chat one on one with each of them, and talk about their goals for the year, things that trouble them and things they would like to do. My two
Oldest are in Middle School and are total opposites. Marques just wants to take his high school equivalency test and be done with it. Silly kid. I try to reassure him that high school will be some of the funnest years of his life, he doesn't believe me lol
Jonah is SO social. He is just so ready for school to start so that he can hang out with his friends. He is reminds me of my teenage self :/ lol
Between reminding them to be good boys, do good in school and being a good example, there was talk of being a good friend, making good friends, peer pressure and church. Anyhow, that simple fathers blessing, reminded me of why and through whom I am abundantly blessed. Everything may not be perfect, but I am content with the blessings I do have, and the tender mercies the good Lord bestows on me & my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment