Monday, November 25, 2013

Little By Little

Last year, we struggled with my 2nd oldest and his Math grade. All year, trying to get him to where he felt comfortable and was able to learn. It was one hurdle after another. Pushing him to remember to turn in his homework, and simple reminders didn't work. I had to try a new strategy, I made him sit out during football practice, until I saw an improvement. The grade improved..... a little bit. But after football season was done, back to not turning in homework. So, I pinned his homework to his shirt. Short of walking with him to class and handing it in for him, I had to do something. That did it. He turned in everything, problem was, finished or unfinished, he still turned it in lol! Anyhow, it got to the point where, I was just fed up. But I couldn't give up. I knew that he was smart enough to get it, he just wasn't applying himself. So this year, the scary Jr high years, needless to say, I was worried! But this kid of mine, totally proved to me that he CAN do what he puts his mind to. Walking into their school and seeing that Warriors Club list...... words can't explain. So proud of his diligence and his effort. I'm hoping that all of the extra work and tutoring has helped him to feel more comfortable.  And that he stays with it all the way through High School. Proud of my boys!

No comments: