The past couple of days have been a fun filled break. With the older 4 in school, our schedule revolves around school, Cub Scouts, Primary activities, and lessons. So having that big chunk of the day to relax with the kids was really nice. We went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday. It was quite the event, and pretty kid friendly. On our way there, I realized I didn't have one roll of film on me.. after stopping at 2 gas stations without any luck, I had to go without. Gosh, people, some of us still use FILM! lol.
Anyhow, if you know me, you know just how much I obsess over loosing one of my kids at an event... Sheesh you might as well chain them to me, because if I can't see them.. I PANIC! Yeah, Disneyland and Universal Studios was a REAL vacation(note the sarcasm)!
Anyhow, the Festival wasn't too bad. I actually was able to enjoy myself, and the kids got a little running room. Almost 5 hours of rock wall climbing, bounce houses, slides, rocket launches, bean bag toss, football toss, well just about any kind of toss you can imagine, train rides, pony rides, a haunted house, and perfect weather. That was until the sun set. They had a ton of outdoor heaters, but once the sun set, I was done for. On our way out, we came up with a genius idea, let's get them some cotton candy at 7PM. The guys at the cotton candy stand brought me back to reality after we order 6 bags of cotton candy. With my change in hand, he sent me off with words of encouragement, "good luck" he chuckled. Oh did I need it! Needless to say, we were late to church the next day.
2 comments:
LOL @ being late to church after the late night sugar rush! Sounds like yall had a blast!
HOw fun Verlynn! hecka L(ing)OL at the good luck remark.
Post a Comment