
I can still remember where I was quite vividly 8 years ago today. Today is the day the we were blessed with our Rosileni. I can't seem to explain adequately in words how I feel as I look back at the past 8 years. I am amazed at the blessings and love that my Heavenly Father has for me and my family. It was quite an eventful delivery considering she was born with no help from the nurses. She came out on her own and I kept telling the nurse that the baby was out and she wouldn't listen. For a good 5mins she was unattended to and my mom so worried that Rosileni didn't cry. When she finally did.. it was like an announcement to the world that she was here. As I look back at that day, that is totally Rosileni. She is such an independent girl. She is always trying to do things by herself, with no help or assistance from me. She is such a bright girl and I absolutely love that she is so determined to get things done. And she has no fear(except for scary movies).. which scares me sometimes. She is now in 2nd grade and loves to play volleyball, skateboard, and sing. She will sing your ear off if she could. I noticed when she was about 3 or 4 that when she wanted something, she would sing it to you. If she was breathing, she was singing. We love her and are looking forward to her being baptized and grow into a beautiful young lady.

Lyrics to one of the songs she is always singing and just reminds me so much of her.
You tucked me in, turned out the light
Kept me safe and sound at night
Little girls depend on things like that
Brushed my teeth and combed my hair
Had to drive me everywhere
You were always there when I looked back
You had to do it all alone
Make a living,make a home
Must have been as hard as it could be
And when I couldn't sleep at night
Scared things wouldn't turn out right
You would hold my hand and sing to me
Caterpillar in the tree
How you wonder who you'll be
Can't go far but you can always dream
Wish you may and wish you might
Don't you worry,hold on tight
I promise you there will come a day
Butterfly fly away
Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
Got your wings,now you can't stay
Take those dreams and make them all come true
Butterfly fly away(Butterfly fly away)
You've been waiting for this day
All along you know just what to do
Butterfly,Butterfly,Butterfly
Butterfly fly away

PS. Butterfly, don't fly away too soon. We love you Rosileni
oxox mom and dad
4 comments:
awww your daughter is so cute! I love the post, I love that she is a natural born singer, and how she totally was chillin for 5mins til the stupid nurses got their acts together! She sounds like a pretty awesome gal, congrats on raising her to this point in life to be a great little person :)
i LOVE that song! would love to hear Rosileni sing it!!! Happy birthday!!
p.s. similar thing happened with Mote, and now that I think of it- he's very independent too!
Aww..this is so sweet.. it's giving me a toothache..lol..when I get to Utah, I'm just gonna ask Rosileni to sing a bunch of songs! lol. I need to hear that butterfly one though, never heard it before! OMG..STUPID NURSES! :( I can't believe that happened.. oh goodness! We love you Neni! You definitely make your presence known! lol :)
Post a Comment