
I had quite and eventful weekend full of love, laughter and tons of singing! Friday started off like most with D trying to pick a movie for the family, and then one WE agree on. Our taste in movies are a compromise. I don't like scary, gory movies. And he loves them. I love movies where I'm in suspense til the end. If I can figure it out 30 mins in.. it's no good. Anyhow, Friday changed with one text.. it had me screaming and D asking if I was ok. One of my very good friends Sila got extra tickets to the Boyz II Men concert and asked if I wanted to join. D, being the sweet husband he is, told me to go have fun and he'd spend the evening in with the kids. I haven't had this much fun with my BF's. Halli, Sila, and I were dancing and singing and just enjoying each others company. We always have GNO's monthly, but it was just something about scream at the top of your lungs and dancing with no abandon that is so refreshing. And Boyz II Men was fabulous!! They were amazing live!



Saturday was our Night Out With The Boys. As a child my parents used to do nights out with each of us individually. And it is something that I think is important in big families. Giving them that one on one attention and time to just get to know them individually. So since our boys are all into skateboarding and dirt bikes we love the Dew tour. We rode Trax into downtown to avoid all the traffic and the headache of finding parking. We were joined by Sila, Abe, and their boys.
They had a lot more interactive activities on the grounds this year.. but overall I think it was not as well organized as it was last year. But we still had tons of fun! The boys got to sit in on the Skate Park Finals. Although Ryan Sheckler didn't skate and our favorites weren't in the top 6 they enjoyed watching all the skaters show their skills.
(Boy do I need an updated family pic)Sunday.. we went to church... AS A FAMILY. I know that might sound weird, but I am always grateful for the Sundays that D can join us. Unfortunately his schedule at work doesn't allow for him to attend church with us regularly. So when he has a Sunday off.. it makes church much more special. It makes me appreciate being able to attend with him and makes other Sundays not so hard. It has been a real struggle for him not attending on Sundays. But we are constantly praying that things will change. Another bonus was my sisters were in town from AZ. It was a beautiful Sunday filled with the spirit and a beautiful lesson on Friendship. How appropriate.
2 comments:
Aww sounds like a lotta fun!! I'm glad you got to have a lil getaway!! Live music is the best!
I know what you mean about having your husband with you at church- it makes all the difference. Glad you're doing good Verlynn! Sounds like you've been busy with good times.
p.s. I am still jealous I wasn't there for Boyz II Men
Post a Comment