

Window treatments that mom sewed and I hung :)
*I posted these because I think a blog is more interesting with a photo :)*
Mother's Day weekend was full of love and laughter. 2 of my sisters that live in Arizona decided that it was time for a visit. So they flew in to surprise my mom on Thursday night and boy was she surprised. She was shaking and crying, so happy to see them. My baby sister has been homesick and is SO ready to move back home. Anyhow, Thursday night was spent in mom n dad's living room catching up and laughing til 4 in the morning. Friday we helped decorate for our ward Mother's Day dinner.. how did I end up being volunteered? I didn't mind, it was time spent with my sisters. After our Ward dinner and dance ended, we all went out as a family and grabbed a late night snack at IHOP. 10 adults and 14 kids! Craziness!
Saturday was more quality time together and then mom giving us some pointers on sewing. My 3 younger sisters have made it a goal to learn to sew this year, and so far they are doing fabulous! I can see how happy that makes my mom and how willing she is to give any advice or pointers to us beginners.
Sunday my mom spoke in sacrament. I love talks given in Samoan. There is a sense of reverence in the language used compared to the everyday lingo. She spoke on a mother's role and a couple of the quotes I remeber are "A father's work is from sunrise to sunset, but a mother's work is never done" and "Every mother is a working mother."
Anyhow, we had our traditional Samoan dinner.. and chocolate log, a New Zealand dessert, to end the night. I also added a couple extra workouts because of it lol.
2 comments:
Love it!! How nice.. glad to know your Mother's Day ended with a bang! Love you beautiful ladies (=
Awwww! Thanks Tino! Yes, it did turn out to be a great Mother's Day. I was just being a brat lol! Love you too!
Post a Comment