Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Traditions

Every year we pick out a Christmas tree. I love the smell of pine, cinnamon, and cranberries during the holidays. Isn't it cool that a scent can evoke a memory, just like music does. Those scents remind me of home, candles, and the holiday season.

Super excited :)


Girls being goofy

Dawson found a tree

Got it home and they were already trying to put the star on

Getting started




The finished product. I was actually able to relinquish decorating duties this year and let the kids do it lol. Their favorite part, hanging candy canes. I'm wishing all my blogging buddies a very happy and safe holiday season! If I don't make it out your way with a basket of goodies, I hope the card will suffice :)




2 comments:

T*Family said...

I'm really starting to think that starting next year I'm gonna go with a real tree. Your tree looks gorgeous. And I think looking for the right one as a family would be fun! I'm just afraid I'd be the one to kill the tree before its even Christmas...haha

NONU6 said...

I love the fresh pine scent of the real trees. Oh trust, I have had a couple of years where the tree was dead before Christmas haha but the kids love tree hunting.