Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dessert Dilemmas

Last night after FHE and planning our weekly menu, the hubby said something I thought I would NEVER hear come out of his mouth.... "You make desserts too much. We need to cut back."

WHHAAAAAAT?! Are you kidding me?! I know you're being sarcastic right?? Nope. He was oh so serious.
Half of my menu went out the window! Its not like my kids are eating sweets all the day long. They are really good about eating their vegetable and fruits. Our dinner menu is so boring and always the same. Stir Fry *veges* Teri chicken w/ corn *veges* Curry chicken *veges* you get the idea, its dinner and a vege, especially broccoli, boring right? That's what they always choose and then I have to throw something unexpected in to change things up. Oh and fruits, they were starting to take a bite out of the budget until we started shopping the Hispanic grocers. So I think my kids deserve a little something sweet at the end of their day. I mean, its hard being a kid! And a mom! *tee hee* I need dessert too!
So here I am, trying to find healthy desserts *isn't that an oxymoron* which I think goes against all dessert rules. I mean, a dessert should consist of something sweet *perferably chocolate* and everything so NOT good for you :)
Seriously, how can you know the good from the bad if you have a healthy dessert! *sigh*
I will have to compromise on this one. He has a point. I just hate to have to break the news to my kids. Dessert only on Mondays and Fridays. Oh the horror!

So I'll share with you one of our favorites so that someone else can enjoy it while wallow in our no dessert week. Its super fast and yummy goodness. Or, I guess yummy badness. They are peanut butter brownie mini's.

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix (use whatever is your favorite.
1 bag of Mini Reeses Peanut butter cups
Vanilla ice cream

Mix the box of brownies as directed. Pour 1/3 into baking cups and cook for 15 mins. Then add an unwrapped peanut butter cup to the center and let cook for about 10 more minutes. Remove from oven, Serve with a scoop of ice cream. The pics are up there | sorry :)

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

4 comments:

pwincessdi said...

lets switch places, so your family can REALLY REALLY appreciate your dinners and desserts! lol...I'm gonna try your dessert! I have a dessert that is healthy and yummy! It's yogurt (any flavor, I like strawberry) mix in fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges, pears & nuts), toss, and serve...it's soo yummy!!!

NONU6 said...

Lol @ Anna. I'm going to give your dessert a try tomorrow, it sounds delish! Thanks friend!

IONGI FAMILY said...

Oh girl that was my household was the same way for a longwhile then I started BL and dessert is a real treat but I know that same exact feeling of wt heck lol Thanks for the recipe!!!

NONU6 said...

Silia, you are hard core with your BL!! And you are looking great! Hope I didn't sidetrack you with the dessert :)